Career Level Officer
Experience 2 Years
Community Efforts for Child Empowerment (CECE) is a registered non-profit making and Child focused NGO, based in Kiboga. It is an umbrella organization supported by ChildFund International to support six (6) communities (Masodde, Butemba, Kiyuni, Wakiso, Gayaza and Kinabwe) located in the districts of Kyankwanzi, Wakiso and Luwero. Our mission is “to create a conducive environment that supports the optimum development of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children”.
In order to deliver programs that transform the lives of children in the supported communities, CECE seeks to recruit suitably qualified, self-motivated and hardworking persons in the following positions:
Job Title: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (FAA) 1 POSITION
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
Responsible for: Drivers, Janitor and Casual Workers
Duration: 1 year (Renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of funding)
Duty Station: CECE Secretariat, Kiboga Town Council
Purpose of Position & Job Summary:
The Finance and Administration Assistant will provide support to the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) in the implementation of internal controls at various levels of financial transactions flow in the overall financial accounting process in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles and CECE accounting and financial guidelines. The position holder will be responsible for managing accounts and administrative duties of CECE. S/he will be responsible for office administration, procurement, payments, reporting, logistics, fleet management and ensuring compliance with the organization and donor requirements.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES and KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Follow all CECE policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements
- Preparing weekly Petty cash reconciliation and cash counts as per CECE Policies and guidelines.
- Recording all Cash and bank transactions for daily tracking and monitoring of cash movement and balances.
- Maintaining advance register for the office, tracking and making instant follow ups on outstanding staff advances in compliance with CECE advance policy.
- Assist FAO in preparing monthly Funds Request the and ensuring sufficient cash is available for the office
- Participate in annual budget preparation, Budget Variance Analysis and ensure that action points are implemented accordingly.
- Manage the front desk and ensure that all the office callers are well attended to
- Ensure that the office environment is clean, safe, attractive and conducive at all times.
- Make sure that routine maintenance is carried out on the office premises.
- Line Manage Drivers, Janitor, and other support staff as may be required
- Maintain an up-to-date Asset register and ensure that all assets are engraved properly and well maintained.
- Manage Staff Leave roster and ensure that all leave forms are appropriately approved and filed
- Assist in picking of invoices and purchasing of approved office items.
- Manage the procurement of office stationery, sundries and other office and program supplies
- Supervise the vendors providing meals for staff, meetings and conferences
- Ensure orderly and effective store management and prepare quarterly stock reconciliation reports.
- Manage the movement of Office facilities and assets, including motor vehicles
- Ensure that all office facilities and equipment are in good working state.
- Organize logistical support for office staff for field activities
- Prepare monthly fuel consumption reports and management of vehicles and motorcycles
Information Documentation and Storage
- Design appropriate chart of files and ensure effective filing and information management for Administrative and Finance documents.
- Keep inventory of all regular service providers of the organization.
- Circulate reports and communications to respective destination as may be required.
- Keep record of all incoming and outgoing mails and remittances.
- Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisors from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
- Partial or full CPA /ACCA is an added advantage
- At least two years of work experience in Finance, Accounts and Administration function in an NGO setting is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and procurement, managing stores, front desk, and secretarial work.
- Demonstrated experience in human relations is required.
- High level of stewardship, transparency and accountability
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and other accounting software experience is a MUST
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Strong analytical skills including attention to details are essential.
- Experience working with non-governmental and community based organizations.
- Must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
- A good understanding, appreciation and adherence to child protection issues/ policies
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Please apply in Confidence to:
Community Efforts for Child Empowerment
Plot 518, Kiganzi Road
P.O. Box 51,
Applications should be Hand delivered and registered at the above address in Kiboga Town Council or at ChildFund National office on Plot 71/72, Namirembe Road –Kampala.
Please note the following:
1)Include a cover letter, copies of academic documents three (3) referees, with their day time contacts and emails.
2)Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate
Application Deadline: Friday 15th July 2016; 2:00 PM