Field Operations Manager
- Post Date:July 6, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY ManagementQualification Bachelor Degree
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Field Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring smooth operations in Karamoja in support of programme objectives by leading and managing Logistics, Finance, ICT, Stores, HR, Administration, Security and liaison with local authorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Management and Compliance:
- Line manage the HR and Admin Officer, Procurement officer, Finance Officer, IT Assistant and Transport Assistant and indirectly manage all support staff in Karamoja
- Ensure Concern’s systems policies, Standard Operating Procedures, donor policies and applicable local regulations are understood and complied with at all times.
- Work closely with Systems Director (SD) and Country Financial Controller to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and ensure accountability
- Visit, assess and support field sites to ensure operational systems are maximized
- Assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that financial records are properly maintained, monthly accounts and financial returns including monthly cash flows are produced and submitted in an accurate and timely fashion to Finance Kampala within agreed deadlines, that operational advances are managed appropriately so that they are liquidated promptly, and properly accounted for.
- Ensure that transparent and accountable procurement systems are in place, with appropriate controls and that policies are being followed, manage relationships with key vendors, and ensures procurement activities are properly and fully documented.
- Conduct regular pre-qualification of suppliers and service providers.
- Oversee and implement Concern standard warehouse/stores management procedures and monitoring stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking to meet project demands.
- Support programme managers in development of distribution plans and distribution of project goods/items
- Implement Concern Fleet Management policy and oversee the proper control and operation of the fleet including ensuring weekly transport plans are submitted and consolidated.
HR and Administration Management:
- Oversee facility and assets management; ensuring that security standards are maintained at all premises.
- Ensure that effective and efficient HR and administrative systems are in place in line with Concern’s policies
- Ensure core Concern policies including the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4) and Code of Conduct are upheld by all members of the team, ensuring all staff and partners are well informed and trained on the various policies and report actual or suspected cases of breaches to the CMT for action
IT & Communications:
- Ensure all appropriate IT equipment and infrastructure is in place, well-maintained, safeguarded, and properly functioning, and that staff are properly trained on all IT related procedures.
- Serve as the primary security liaison for Karamoja, manage day to day security and update the H&N Director and the SD on any changes to the security situation in the location
- Participate in review and development of Security Management plans and ensure operations and programme teams are kept informed of security risks and developments
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Concern Worldwide Field Operations Manager job opportunity should possess a BA/BS in Business Administration, HR, Supply Chain management or any other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of five years of relevant field experience managing administration, procurement, logistics, and HR systems with humanitarian NGOs. Two years supervisory experience.
- Good knowledge of donor rules e.g. USAID, EU etc.
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Leadership qualities, personnel and team management including mediation and conflict resolution
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (max 4 pages) with day time phone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees via email to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of email or address hard copies to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 15th July 2016 by 5:00pm