Field Humanitarian Operations Leader
- Post Date:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of 240 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
Save the Children Uganda Country Office is looking to recruit for the following position:
Field Humanitarian Operations Leader (1 Position); Yumbe
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Team Leader works in the Refugee program area and is responsible for managing the settlement’s response to the humanitarian crisis. The post holder will play a leadership role in the refugee settlement in the management of Save the Children emergency programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children. The job holder is responsible for providing strategic direction to the country programme in collaboration with management. In addition, s/he is responsible for identifying needs and resources and elaborating programme recommendations for the emergency response in the district in line with the national and district humanitarian response priorities. He/she will ensure that all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are adhered to.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
– Minimum of a Bachelor degree or higher in Education, social science or related discipline.
– At least five years working experience in humanitarian response programmes of managing teams in humanitarian/emergency crisis is essential.
– Knowledge of Security management in insecure environments
– Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery
– Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
– Thorough understanding of Save the Children working principles and approaches Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
– Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST. Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
General specifications applicable to all positions:
– Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
– Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
– Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
– Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
– Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
– Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
– Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
– Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
– Excellent time management and planning capacity.
– Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisorsto firstname.lastname@example.org
Important to note:
– Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process.
– Candidates from the districts/communities listed above are encouraged to apply. More information on the open positions is available at SCI district/regional offices.
Application closes on 2nd December 2016 at midnight Uganda time.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Related Jobs (10)
Sales and Marketing Offices (Salesmen) (30 Positions) on February 22, 2017 Full Time
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (1 Position) on February 22, 2017 Full Time