Field Based Partnership Facilitator
- Post Date:September 7, 2017
Compassion International is an evangelical Christ-centered, Church based and Child focused Development NGO that for over sixty years has existed as an advocate for children, to release them from poverty and enable them to become responsible and fulfilled Christian ADULTS. We seek to recruit an individual for the position of Field Based Partnership Facilitator & Public Relations Specialist.
Post: Field Based Partnership Facilitator
Reporting Relationships: The Field Based PF reports to the Partnership Facilitator Supervisor.
Job Summary: The Partnership Facilitator is the key link in the relationship with the local church and the cornerstone in Compassion’s strategy to build up the capacity of the local church for holistic child development. Works with the church partner to pursue the common vision and goals reflected in the child/CSP mother-child, sponsor/ donor and partner development outcomes. Responsible for Compassion’s side of the partnership relationship as reflected in the Program Field Manual (PFM) and relates with church partners in a manner characterized by mutual respect, trust, and service.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a strong Christian witness who demonstrates a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and also faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children by raising awareness of the needs and potential of children in poverty by challenging and enabling those within his/her influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Serves the local Church Partner with a vision to build its capacity to achieve effective, holistic child development.
- Manages Compassion’s requirements as well as its obligations to the church within the partnership relationship.
- Conducts monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities for project partnerships.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships within a cluster of partnerships. Carries out cluster-level meetings to facilitate relationships and shared learning. Identifies and mobilizes Church Partners who can help in training other Church Partners.
- Carries out the partner selection process in alignment with the formal process and criteria of the country office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Christian maturity characterized by a strong Christian testimony, a heart for ministry, and knowledge of the Scriptures.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in any discipline but with experience in community mobilization.
- A minimum of three years professional or intensive volunteer experience relevant to managing Christian ministry and/or other service activities.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills conducive to utilizing facilitation, collaboration and negotiation and establishing trusting relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work with only occasional supervision.
- Good leadership, general management, and problem-solving skills. Ability to reflect Compassion’s Leadership Principles.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability and desire to learn new things.
- Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Committed to working with the broad spectrum of Evangelical denominations and churches.
- Ability to travel domestically and be away from home for up to two weeks at a time and no more than 100 nights in a year. Travel will vary downward depending on the location of church partners and whether or not the person is field-based.
- Ability to drive over long distances shall be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Please hand deliver or post your application together with a current copy of your curriculum vitae, photocopy of academic documents, three referees and a letter from your local church signed by your Reverend/Pastor to:
The Human Resource Business Partner,
Compassion International Uganda,
Plot 8A3, Baskerville Avenue, Kololo.
P.0. Box 8936, Kampala.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Monday 18th September 2017 at 5:00pm (Closing Date).
WE APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST TO SERVE AT COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL UGANDA BUT WE WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES SHALL BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER ENGAGEMENT.