Executive Secretary to Country Director
- Post Date:June 29, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level ExecutiveExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY DevelopmentQualification Bachelor Degree
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Amref Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional hubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Executive Secretary will provide executive, administrative and management support to the director’s office by ensuring effective coordination, planning, monitoring of office administrations and logistics, reporting and Communication.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communications and correspondence Support:
- Keenly reviews correspondence to the office, provides the relevant case history, –
- Prepares routine responses for the director or directs it to the most appropriate office.
- Manages routine responses to correspondence and is overall in charge of receiving and dispatching official correspondence and communication (including letters, faxes, email, telephones etc).
2. Organizing: Manages the execution of events under the directors office including meetings, workshops, and other work-related gatherings.
- Receives all visitors and acts as the first point of references for all queries to the office.
- Handles all phones calls to the office.
4. Budget Control: Regularly monitor the office budget and support its preparation as needed.
5. Liaisons: Works closely with both external and internal contacts in coordination with the director to ensure follow-up and execution of planned activities. This includes but is not limited to Amref Health Africa collaborators, donors, partners, managers and staff as may be relevant.
- In charge of processing and distribution of a variety of reports including minutes and monthly work reports from the office.
- Preparation of draft Board papers and other Executive reports
- Consolidation of departmental reports Information Management
- Develop and maintain relevant databases and filing systems for optimal management of information and contacts, and communication.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the AMREF Executive Secretary to Country Director career opportunity should hold a Bachelors degree in business administration/management or its equivalent.
- A minimum of four years experience in office support
- Working knowledge of modern office procedures
- Office management in a busy office environment
- Skills: Report writing; Planning and organization; Detailed; Proactive; Team work; Interpersonal; Communication skills; and Proficient in IT Skills e.g. MSOffice.
- Competences: Confidentiality; Ethical; Integrity; Reliability; and Ability to work within deadlines.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2016
Related Jobs (10)
TRAINING IN COMPUTERISED ACCOUTING: QUICKBOOKS PACKAGE on September 22, 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager- West Nile Refugee Response on September 20, 2017 Full Time