Kampala Board of Directors
Uganda Youth Network (UYONET) is a leading national youth organization that works to mainstream young peoples’ engagement in development and governance processes in Uganda and East Africa. UYONET was started in 2002 to respond to the increasing demand for a collective platform for research, training and policy advocacy for young people by young people.
UYONET is at an interesting stage of organization development and we are redefining our strategy and as such we are looking for an experienced executive director to provide leadership in strategic formulation and execution
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership, strategic planning and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- The ED will be the CEO of the organization charged with leading a diverse team of 30 staff at secretariat.
- Participate with the Board of Directors in providing leadership in strategic formulation and execution to guide the organization
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Director on all aspects of the organization’s activities
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff
- In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile
- Undertakes the role of chief resource mobiliser and has to raise at least 4 billion shillings annually from different sources to implement the organization programs.
- Work with membership organizations
Key Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Humanities or related field
- Master’s degree in Management or a related field or graduate training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership position in a national or international organization
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked as “Executive Director UYONET”
People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O.Box 12405, Kampala Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 24th February 2017
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.