- Post Date:December 19, 2016
FINCA Uganda Ltd (MDI) is looking for a dynamic person to join their team of professionals as the Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) is a member of the core Management Team and he/she reports to the Managing Director (MD) and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director advises the MD in making the top management decisions according to the four eyes principle established by the Bank of Uganda (BoU).
The Executive Director will strive to ensure that the company presents characteristics consistent with an ethos that will win community trust, responds to client needs and raises client awareness regarding the opportunities that FINCA’s products and services can provide. The ED will develop strategies and oversee the day-to-day operations to ensure that FINCA operates in pursuit of its strategic plan and within the risk appetite level defined by the company’s Board.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Support the MD in the formulation and implementation of FINCA’s operational policies and procedures.
- Support the MD in the formulation and implementation of FINCA’s risk management framework.
- Provide effective checks and balances on incidents of improper or imprudent day-to-day management actions.
- Establish an effective leadership to evaluate the quality of management decisions from an oversight position.
- Be involved in any major management decision of the institution by providing his/her feedback to the MD who has the authority to make the final decisions.
- In case of a serious discrepancy with the MD over a major management decision, provide an independent report to the Board for its involvement in the matter.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Leading with Integrity , Employee Engagement, Achievement Focus, Collaboration, Result oriented, Financial Responsibility, Attract and manage talent.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MBA degree (or equivalent) in related discipline (Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics)
- 8 years banking experience minimum or 15 years preferred (commercial – retail)
- Extensive Credit policy experience a must
- Risk Management experience
- Proven people management skills (with minimum of 5 direct reports)
- Established interest in working for poverty alleviation
- Experience working in Microfinance an asset
- Strategic planning exposure a must
- Financial modeling and project evaluation experience a plus
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to:
Deadline: 6th January 2017
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) is the first licensed micro finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and part of a global network which serves over 1,800,000 clients in 21 countries. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.