Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
- The ESG Manager will be responsible for the overseeing the environment, social, health and safety performance of all Maji Power Ltd’s projects,
- The ESG Manager will examine corporate activities to establish where improvements can be made and ensure compliance with environmental legislation across the organisation.
- The ESG Manager will be contact for all ESG matters, communicating with the Compliance Manager.
- During construction, Interface with the designated construction teams which will provide overall coordination of ESG aspects.
- Review all contractors environmental and safety documentation and ensure completeness to national and international acceptable standards.
- Carry out important staff training and ensure all members of the work place’+(including contractor work force) recognise and understand their own contributions to improve environmental and social/health and safety performance.
- Comply with and seek the relevant project authorisations or permits.
- Continuously update and implement the various projects‘ Environment and Social Management Plans (ESMPs’), and the various projects’ Environment and Social Action Plans (ESAPs’).
- Perform inspections and audits on site activities and documentation at required frequencies, and ensure that the environmental monitoring and pollution prevention and control parameters are in accordance with govemment regulations through permits/licenses acquired and international standards.
- Prepare, compile and present projects‘ E818/HSE progress and performance statistics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis or as required.
- Develop policies, programs, and associated communication documentation
- implement mitigation measures ad required through the various ESMPs‘
- Work closely with, document and manage the projects’ community relations representative(s). This will require overseeing the development of programs and implementation through the Community Development Action Plans‘ and stakeholder engagement activities.
- implement and oversee the formal grievance mechanisms of the projects, compliant» documentation, investigation, evaluation and identiﬁcation of corrective measures.
- Supervise environment service agreements truck budget and cost control in relation to E&S activities.
- initiate Environment, Social Management Systems‘ (ESMS‘) for all project and Human Resources policies in line with the national and international Labour Organisation (ILO) core standards with annual reviews.
- Monitor the effectiveness of mitigation during construction and operations phases of the project, and instilling change management procedures.
- Examine ESH&S activities to establish areas of improvement and ensure compliance with environment legislation and international standards across the Company‘s interface with the projects’ team to discuss on-going corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) obligations and ensure smooth activity implementation during operations,
Experience and Qualiﬁcations
- Experience of working in remote areas; role will involve frequent up-country travels
- A degree in an environmental science, engineering or equivalent qualiﬁcations.
- A minimum of 5 years working in power generation as an ESH&S Manager with a preference for hydro or energy experience.
- Experience of implementing the Equator Principles and the environmental, social, health and safety standards of international ﬁnance institutions such as the World Bank, international Finance Corporation Performance Standards, African Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development etc. on major projects, an understanding of such documents is essential.
- Has knowledge in Uganda’s Environmental, Social and Labour legislation.
- it is highly preferable that the candidate can speak Luo language.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Must have strong planning and organisational skills as well as the ability to lead and promote teamwork.
Job application procedure
Applications should be e-mailed to
Procurement@MajiPower.com addressed to the Managing Director, Maji Power Ltd. include the application letter and updated CV (in pdf format)
Deadline of this Job: