- Post Date:June 7, 2017
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts that exist in Nakasongola District Local Government. Application forms – Public Service Form 3(PSF 3) Revised 2008 can be obtained from Secretaries of District Service Commissions and Public Service Commission – Farmers House, Kampala and should be filled in triplicate (3 copies) submitted to the Secretary, District Service Commission, Nakasongola, not later than Friday, 29th June 2017.
Serving officers should route their application forms through their heads of department who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Applicants are required to attach certified photocopies of academic certificates, transcripts, Registration Certificates and Licenses for professional cadres and other supporting documents. Three (3) recent passport size photographs must accompany all applications. The job title and reference number of the vacancy applied for must be quoted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- ENROLLED MIDWIFE Ref: DSC/NLA/2017/5 Scale: U7 (2 POSTS)
- Must have an Enrolled Midwifery Certificate from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
Main Purpose: To provide midwifery nursing services and public health Key Functions:
- Receiving patients, registering admissions, discharges and deaths.
- Carrying out antenatal care with emphasis of identifying high risk cases and refer them to hospital.
- Providing care during labour with emphasis of keeping proper records, use of drugs and prevention of complications to mother and baby.
- Providing care during puerperium with emphasis on prevention of infection and ensure successful breastfeeding.
- Participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team.
- Participating in Doctors/Clinical officers ward rounds.
- Preparing patients for meals and participating in servicing them.
- Managing and accounting for allocated resources.
- Keeping patients comfortable and ensuring a health environment.
- Participating in research activities.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to students and staff.