Career Level Others
Experience Less than 1 Year
Abt Associates, an established American research, technical assistance, and consulting firm, seeks qualified candidates for the positions of Drivers for its Voucher Plus Activity in Uganda funded by the U.S. Agency for international Development.
These positions will be based at Abt Associates office in Kampala with frequent travels to the Northern and Eastern Regions:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive vehicle to assigned destinations
- Maintain and update log book at all times
- Ensure that the vehicle assigned is clean at all times
- Carry out regular checks for validity or‘ insurance and, fire extinguishers and first aide boxes
- Report all vehicle repairs and services requirements on time
- Ensure vehicle assigned is always maintained in good working condition
- Carry out daily assessment of the vehicle to maintain the highest level of standards Any other duties as my be assigned by the Supervisor
- Must have a Uganda Certificate of education Level qualification, with a credit in English.’ Advanced Level Certificate will be an added advantage.
- A valid driving permit with classes CH and DL
- A Minimum of Working years with clean records of driving and maintaining vehicles in NGO sector
- A certificate in defensive driving
- Certificate in basic engineering qualification will be an added advantage
Skills and Competences
- Fluency in written & Spoken English is a must
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Time Management skills is a must
- Pleasant, smart with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills a must
- Fluency in any two local languages in the North and Eastern Region will be an added advantage
- Confidentiality, Diligence and Reliability
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Job application procedure
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit his/her CV and an application letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the desired position“ to:
in the subject ‘line of the email, please be certain to write the title of the position for which you are applying.
Applications that do not provide
- A position title in the subject
- A CV
- Cover Letter
Applications that do not meet the stated minimum qualification and experience requirements, will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm July 22th, 2016,