- Post Date:February 15, 2017
TUFTS GLOBAL INC. – an International Organization registered in Uganda seeks to recruit a competent person with required skills, knowledge, attitude, Integrity & qualifications to fill the following position;
Job Title : DRIVER
Primary Responsibility: To support transport & other logistics functions of the organization as may be assigned. Knowledge of Karamoja Region and speaking Ngakaramojong is a primary requirement for this position.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive project vehicles for official travel and business, as required while maintaining a high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality, safe transport & observance of road traffic laws and regulations of the Republic of Uganda
- Ensure safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensure vehicles are kept secure, clean, and tidy, in good working condition at all times & ensure vehicles are given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks.
- Ensure vehicle repairs & maintenance are carried out on time, done properly as per official manufacturers specifications & all works are done from officially designated workshops.
- Maintain Vehicle Logbook for official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, prepare and submit at the end of each month a vehicle monitoring report & records including vehicle operations, maintenance expenses & mileage.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure vehicle Insurance and registration is updated timely according to schedule.
- Provide assistance to the Finance and Operations Manager in handling logistics & administrative functions including facilitating immigration and customs formalities. Photocopying, filing, handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, and assist in arranging meetings, trainings and workshop activities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A clean driving license with classes B, DL & DM.
- Certificate in defensive driving
- Recommendation certificate of good conduct.
- Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of Karamoja Region & Ngakaramojong Language
- Good Knowledge and Understanding of Uganda traffic laws.
- Good traffic judgment & good knowledge about vehicle mechanics.
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of various office equipment’s
Required Qualifications & Experience;
- At least 5 (five) years accident free driving experience.
- A minimum of ordinary level UNEB certificate of Education.
Interested applicants meeting specified requirements above should submit application letters, copies of academic qualifications/certificates & a detailed CV including email contacts of 3 work related referees.
Applications in properly sealed envelopes indicating position applied for. & addressed to the Team Leader should be hand delivered at TUFTS GLOBAL INC
offices Embassy Plaza Ggaba Road. 4th Floor. Closing date for receiving applications is 22nd February 2017.