- Post Date:February 15, 2017
TUFTS GLOBAL INC. – an International Organization registered in Uganda seeks to recruit a competent person with required skills, knowledge, attitude, Integrity & qualifications to fill the following position;
Job Title : DRIVER
Primary Responsibility: To support transport & other logistics functions of the organization as may be assigned. Knowledge of Karamoja Region and speaking Ngakaramojong is a primary requirement for this position.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive project vehicles for official travel and business, as required while maintaining a high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality, safe transport & observance of road traffic laws and regulations of the Republic of Uganda
- Ensure safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensure vehicles are kept secure, clean, and tidy, in good working condition at all times & ensure vehicles are given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks.
- Ensure vehicle repairs & maintenance are carried out on time, done properly as per official manufacturers specifications & all works are done from officially designated workshops.
- Maintain Vehicle Logbook for official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, prepare and submit at the end of each month a vehicle monitoring report & records including vehicle operations, maintenance expenses & mileage.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure vehicle Insurance and registration is updated timely according to schedule.
- Provide assistance to the Finance and Operations Manager in handling logistics & administrative functions including facilitating immigration and customs formalities. Photocopying, filing, handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, and assist in arranging meetings, trainings and workshop activities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A clean driving license with classes B, DL & DM.
- Certificate in defensive driving
- Recommendation certificate of good conduct.
- Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of Karamoja Region & Ngakaramojong Language
- Good Knowledge and Understanding of Uganda traffic laws.
- Good traffic judgment & good knowledge about vehicle mechanics.
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of various office equipment’s
Required Qualifications & Experience;
- At least 5 (five) years accident free driving experience.
- A minimum of ordinary level UNEB certificate of Education.
Interested applicants meeting specified requirements above should submit application letters, copies of academic qualifications/certificates & a detailed CV including email contacts of 3 work related referees.
Applications in properly sealed envelopes indicating position applied for. & addressed to the Team Leader should be hand delivered at TUFTS GLOBAL INC
offices Embassy Plaza Ggaba Road. 4th Floor. Closing date for receiving applications is 22nd February 2017.
Related Jobs (8)
Driver – Lorry – Heavy Duty Cane Transport (18 posts) on April 25, 2017 Full Time