Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives
to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative
services and prevention strategies in the district of Rakai, South Western Uganda. With funding from PEPFAR/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), RHSP is implementing a 5 year comprehensive HIV/ AIDS
program in the 12 districts of Masaka region namely; Rakai, Kyotera, Masaka, Kalungu, Bukomansimbi, Lyantonde,
Lwengo, Sembabule, Butambala, Gomba, Mpigi, and Kalangala with an aim of achieving rapid HIV epidemic
control. The Program is seeking to strengthen its staffing position in order to efficiently execute its activities at a
Regional Level. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill vacant positions
as indicated below:-
JOB TITLE: District Coordinator – (11 positions)
REPORTING TO: Cluster Office Coordinator with a link to the District Health Officer
DUTY STATION: Rakai, Kyotera, Masaka, Kalungu, Bukomansimbi, Lyantonde, Lwengo, Sembabule, Butambala,
The position holder will be responsible for ensuring that all project outputs/outcomes in the assigned district are
achieved through effective management of project inputs in line with district-led programming. S/he will
initiate, plan, coordinate and evaluate project activities designed to enhance capabilities, governance and
functionality of DHTs. The job holder will work very closely with the DHOs Office, health facilities and other
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a principal liaison between the DHT and the Project Management in the district of operation.
• Support in monitoring the district-led programming and sub-granting to districts.
• Prepare regular briefings in relation to performance of district-led programming.
• Coordinate and adapt lessons learned from HSS activities to further strengthen and expand interventions
to achieve the Project goals.
• Identify barriers to implementation of district-led programming and propose corrective action.
• Assess compliance of the partner districts to the terms and conditions of the partnerships.
• Conduct capacity building and technical assistance to the DHT and HFs.
• Provide technical assistance to DHTs regarding managing of sub-grants and financial agreements.
• Represent the Project on all important district level fora e.g. DACs meetings, District Technical Planning
Committee (DTPC) etc.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role.
Education, Key Competencies and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery or a related health field.
• Masters’ Degree in Public Health, Master of Science (MSc), or related Cluster with at least 2 years of
public health experience will be an added advantage.
• Specialized training in HIV/AIDS
• Familiarity with the functioning of the decentralized Local Government System of Uganda.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR/US Government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices,
which bear on project management in support of cooperative agreements.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS.
• Project planning skills and a good understanding of sub granting systems to local governments.
How to apply:
Only qualified applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (C.V)
with three recognizable referees not later than 16th February, 2018, 5:00pm to:
The Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, KALISIZO
Deliver to: Rakai Health Sciences Program offices
Clement Hill Plot 8 Kampala
Send by E-Mail to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the envelope & application; a) the position applied for, b) The district of preference For all online
applications, save your documents as position & district of preference ( eg Sanitary officer- Masaka)