View all Jobs
National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Key Responsibilities & Duties
1. Receives data from District level field offices
2. Checks data coming from the field for quality control
3. Liaises with Field Officers to ensure accuracy of data submitted to headquarters
4. Imports quality checked data to the main central system
5. Prepares information to be dispensed to Internal and External stake holders of NIRA as authorized
6. Exports quality checked data from central system to the field offices
7. Maintains stock of the removable and flash disks used to transfer data to and from the field offices
8. Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the
a. A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Information Technology or
Computer Science or Software Engineering
b. At least three (3) years relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization
b. Experience working in handling and transferring data between media
c. High degree of attention to detail
• Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
• In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
• Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 24th August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
• NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
• If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.