Uganda Baati Ltd is a member of the Safal Group of
companies – Africa’s largest producer of steel roofing and
the pioneer in the production of Aluminum Zinc coated steel
on the continent. The company is a leading manufacturer of
roofing sheets and allied products with branches in Kampala,
Arua and Tororo.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position
of CREDIT CONTROLLER reporting to the Finance
Manager. This is a senior level position that requires an
individual who will oversee and manage the credit function
and provide input into the development of the robust credit
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Credit Controller will be responsible for reviewing
Credit Limits for all parties who receive goods on
credit and present a report with recommendations to
- Oversee the vetting process for new customers and obtain
guarantees if any and where possible access credit rating of
the customers with banks.
- Reconciling accounts for every single outstanding client
in the system and ensuring that the Company’s statement
matches with the Creditor/Debtor’s statement.
- Actively get involved in collections i.e., visiting, phoning
and writing to clients and ensuring that all payments are
paid within stipulated credit period.
- Receive customer queries either directly or from other
parties and determine the nature of the problem.
- Implement corrective action including raising of debit or
credit notes and rebates.
- Develop a system for reviewing and strengthening the
internal control environment in respect of the credit
- Acting as a liaison with the company’s external debt
collecting agencies and lawyers on litigation in respect of
The Successful applicant must possess the following:
- The applicant should possess a minimum university
qualification in Commerce or Business related course
majoring in accounting.
- Bea Certified Public Accountant, (CPA)
- A minimum of eight years of work experience in credit
management within a commercial environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge on use of ERP (Enterprise
Resource Planning) applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer
relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
Suitably qualified applicants should submit their CV to the
Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 23rd February 2018. Only
short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.