Collections Officer (3 Positions)
- Post Date:July 6, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level OthersExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY FinanceQualification Bachelor Degree
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Collections Officer is responsible for managing and undertaking a collections process for debts that have been allocated to him/her.
He/she will utilise best practice processes and techniques, as well as information at hand, to positively influence debtors to maximise payment of debt over the shortest period of time.
The Collections Officer is the front face of the business therefore it is important to communicate courteously with debtors by telephone, letter, and email or by text.
It is important to build a positive relationship as well as investigate, respond to, and progress issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
The Collection Officer needs to display a positive attitude and a team ethos and work effectively under pressure and handle conflict situations whilst remaining professional at all times.
The Collection Officer also needs to be inquiring and recognise the importance of best collections practice and procedures, as well as have a strong focus on achieving collection of debt in a proficient and effective manner.
- Coordinate and execute timely and accurate collection of Customers’ accounts, including calling up customers for payment.
- Monitor work progress and collection processes, handle and investigate cases for efficient debt recovery.
- Handle inquiries from customers/associates on payment issues and outstanding balances.
- Compiling status and monthly reports.
- Ensuring prompt administration of credit collection policies and procedures.
- Prompt follow ups and communication to stakeholders, votes/clients
- Handle disputes/differences in opinion
- Tracing for defaulters
- Meeting and exceeding assigned individual activity and result targets
- Carry out any other duties as will be assigned by you supervisor
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / related field
- 1-2 years proven experience in DEBT Collections.
- Age 25-35
- Awareness of financial services
- Call centre work experience
- Computer Literate
- Credit management experience
- Driving experience
- Good knowledge of civil service and the decentralization process
- Knowledge of credit industry and legal processes and application in a debt recovery environment
- Life skills – the confidence and ability to relate to people from varied circumstances
- Sales, Collections and negotiation experience
- Females are encouraged to apply
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV and testimonials to the address below;
+256-414 342 847, +256-701 800 0001
Related Jobs (6)
Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation (11 Positions) on July 6, 2016 Full Time