Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives
to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative
services and prevention strategies in the district of Rakai, South Western Uganda. With funding from PEPFAR/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), RHSP is implementing a 5 year comprehensive HIV/ AIDS
program in the 12 districts of Masaka region namely; Rakai, Kyotera, Masaka, Kalungu, Bukomansimbi, Lyantonde,
Lwengo, Sembabule, Butambala, Gomba, Mpigi, and Kalangala with an aim of achieving rapid HIV epidemic
control. The Program is seeking to strengthen its staffing position in order to efficiently execute its activities at a
Regional Level. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill vacant positions
as indicated below:-
JOB TITLE: Cluster Office Coordinators (COC) – (4 positions)
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
DUTY STATION: Kyotera, Mpigi, Sembabule and Kalangala
The position holder will be the key district liaison officer for the project responsible for the day-to-day operations
of the regional Cluster office. In collaboration with DHTs, health facilities and others stakeholders, s/he will be
accountable for ensuring that all project outputs/outcomes in the given districts are achieved through effective
management of project inputs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• In liaison with the project Manager, ensure implementation of project activities.
• Carry out frequent monitoring and supportive supervision visits to health facilities.
• Coordinate with other units including DHT and other stakeholders within the project areas.
• Organize and participate in quarterly project review meetings for the district level stakeholders.
• Provide leadership and overall supervision for project teams and Cluster activities.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your role.
Education, Key Competencies and Experience
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or a related medical discipline.
• Training in HIV/AIDS care and management is essential
• Training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
• A postgraduate degree in Public Health, Medicine, Social Sciences or a management related field will be
an added advantage.
• 3 years relevant experience in implementing public Health/HIV/AIDS related projects at decentralized
• Experience working with district health systems and managing project teams. Excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR/US government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices,
Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS programming issues. Project planning and management
How to apply:
Only qualified applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (C.V)
with three recognizable referees not later than 16th February, 2018, 5:00pm to:
The Human Resource Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, KALISIZO
Deliver to: Rakai Health Sciences Program offices
Clement Hill Plot 8 Kampala
Send by E-Mail to:- email@example.com
Please indicate on the envelope & application; a) the position applied for, b) The district of preference For all online
applications, save your documents as position & district of preference ( eg Sanitary officer- Masaka)