Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
The full job description and application form can be viewed and downloaded from here.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
Closing date for receipt of the applications is Friday 23rd December 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title:||Child Protection Officer|
|Reports:||Director Disaster Risk Management|
The Child Protection Officer will be responsible to ensure the successful implementation of the Uganda Red Cross Child Protection Program and the delivery of planned outcomes in line with the URCS Strategic Plan. The Child Protection Officer will lead and manage Uganda Red Cross Child Protection Program team.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Implement Uganda Red Cross’s Child Protection (CP) Program activities in line with agreed program objectives and outcomes;
- Ensure program design & monitoring systems are in alignment with International and national Child Protection guidelines;
- Ensure strong donor compliance, M&E and quality control procedures are understood and integrated within in all programs;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to delivering the Child Protection Program;
- Produce and deliver quality periodic reports;
- Design and implement monitoring tools & systems to provide data required for compliance reporting;
CHILD PROTECTION TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CAPACITY BUILDING
- Directly provide and facilitate Child Protection technical support, training and advice to all program staff;
- Work with program staff, governments and external stakeholders to strengthen child protection systems and child abuse reporting mechanisms and responses;
- Develop strategies which increase child and youth participation opportunities, volunteering and leadership;
- Participate proactively as a team member and form culturally appropriate, professional working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, including children, young people and families;
- Manage & develop staff & partner engagement and capacity in program implementation.
RISK MANAGEMENT & SAFEGUARDING
- Ensure Child Protection programs and activities are compliant with all relevant international and national legislation;
- Implementation of comprehensive reporting processes including robust reporting and follow up of Child Protection related incidents;
- Provision of proactive Child Protection program including Child Protection initiatives in emergencies;
- Ensure staff and partners are aware of the Child Protection Policy and appropriate mechanisms are in place to ensure policy compliance of staff and partner organizations complying with Child Protection Guidelines;
- Provide training on CP Policy requirements and appropriate prevention and reporting mechanisms;
- Ensure the efficient and proper use of donor funds – in particular in the development and ongoing management of the program budget.
ADVOCACY & REPRESENTATION
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant officials and agencies including but not limited to OPM, UN agencies, government ministries, district officials, civil society and UN lead agencies;
- Report on participation, collaboration in key advocacy activities;
- Representation of Uganda Red Cross on relevant working groups including CPWG.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
- Effectively manage the performance of the team as a whole and individually, ensuring expectations and goals are clear and communicated to all team members;
- Undertake effective performance management of relevant program staff members;
- Ensure the effective appointment, training, capacity building, deployment, management support for team;
- Form collaborative and constructive relationships with all management and staff within Uganda Red Cross to achieve beneficial outcomes;
- Build a positive team environment by focusing on a values-based leadership approach and collaborative working environment;
- Align individual and organizational goals to create development opportunities for team members ;
- Accept responsibility and take action on difficult leadership and team member issues in a timely manner
|Core Competencies and knowledge||
Please you can download the forms from the link provided below: