Muteesa I Royal University (MRU) is a private University that was accredited by the Uganda
National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE) in 2007. MRU’s Main Campus is situated in
Kirumba, Masaka, with another campus at Kakeeka-Mengo.
Our Vision: Total commitment to optimum and integrated realization of individuals’ intellectual,
moral and productive Capacity.
Our Mission: To provide an effective and efficient setting for the development of intellectually
dynamic individuals, principled and resourceful professionals and practitioners.
To fulfil its vision and mission, MRU is seeking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and
committed candidate to fill the position of the Chief Internal Auditor.
Reports to: Council (with Administrative responsibility to the VC)
Duty Station: Kirumba- Masaka, the Main Campus of MRU
Role Definition: To develop and implement policies and procedures for performing risk based
internal audit assignments and contribute to the improvement of MRU’s risk management, internal
controls, reporting, and governance processes in compliance with the internal policies and
procedures, Statutory requirements, and the Professional Auditing Standards.
Key Result Areas/Responsibilities:
1. Design, review, and establish Internal Audit Policy documents and appropriate Standards,
Policies and procedures to guide the delivery of Internal Audit Services in accordance with
2. Monitor compliance with the Audit Policies, and Procedures across MRU Departments, and
functions in accordance with Internal Audit Professional Practices.
3. Prepare and submit Audit reports to help in communicating and interpreting the results of audit
activities to relevant MRU Administrative and Oversight Organs in accordance with set
4. Develop, implement and Monitor Internal audit Quality Programs in accordance with
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Internal Audit
Charter, and the Internal Audit Manual.
5. Maintain productive client relationship between Internal Audit and other University
Departments in accordance with MRU set guidelines.
6. Conduct regular assurance assignments and present reports to both Management and the Audit
Committee in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
Auditing, and the Certified Government Auditing Profession.
Qualification and Experience:
a. An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, or Accounting, or equivalent
b. Full professional Qualifications in Accountancy and Audit obtained from an internationally
recognised awarding body.
c. A Master’s Degree in either Financial Management or Audit or Business Administration
or Management from a recognized institution is an added advantage
d. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Audit work; three (3) years of which should
be at a Senior Auditor level or equivalent level of experience in Audit from a reputable
e. Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting and Auditing software
f. Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
governing University education.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their sealed applications under confidential
cover, together with the following:
1) A letter of motivation
2) Detailed and updated curriculum vitae signed and dated by the candidate
3) A written statement of interest not exceeding 1000 words about the candidate’s vision
for a competitive University in the 21st Century.
4) Names and addresses of three(3) referees who should forward their reports directly
to the Manager, Human Resources, Muteesa I Royal University on the email :
email@example.com and a soft copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on 17th April 2018