Career Level Manager
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Behaviour Change Communications (BCC) Officer
This position is under the SRHR/HIV Umbrella program supported by Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: ICOBI Regional Office Kabwohe/Mbarara
Job Summary: The Behavior Change Communication Officer will be responsible for project activities’ implementation through promotion of safer sexual practices and behavioral change.
- Mobilize and promote voluntary male medical circumcision (VMMC) services
- Coordinate the follow up of VMMC clients
- Promote condom utilization and distribution
- Promote behavioral change and life skills among KPs and psychosocial support for PLHAs.
- Coordinate development of IEC materials, distribution and education on safer sexual practices
- Organize and schedule Radio Talk Shows to promote SRHR/HIV Umbrella program activities
- Establish Social media platforms for SRHR/HIV Information and Behavioral Change Communication.
- Promote youth friendly services – use corners
- Summarize and generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports for internal and external stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Clinical and/or health background. Additional qualifications: HIV/AIDS Counseling certificate and competence in Computer Applications. 3 years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS services or any other health related field required. Post Graduate qualification in related field will be an added advantage.
Personal Qualities Self-motivated and able to work with various stakeholders, managing multiple tasks and meeting agreed deadlines. Candidates should be able to build strong working relationships with volunteers and other stakeholder teams inspiring them to achieve programme objectives.
Interested applicants should submit their applications with the following:-
1. Detailed C.V
2. Copies of Certificates and Testimonials
3. Day time telephone contact
To: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Integrated Community Based Initiatives (ICOBI), Plot 66, Ismail Road, Mbuya, P.O Box 16331, Kampala Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Closing date for Submission of applications will be Wednesday, 18th January 2016 at 4.00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.