- Post Date:July 10, 2016
- Apply Before: July 20, 2030
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- INDUSTRY FinanceQualification Bachelor Degree
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Audit Manager Operations & Financials
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team.
Job Summary: The Audit Senior will carry out risk-based internal audits, to monitor accuracy and completeness of information, check compliance with rules, regulations, procedures and policies and make recommendations to improve the controls in place.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of reviewing the systems (operations, investments, financial reporting, etc) for compliance with procedures, standards, identify weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement
- Conducting inspection of area offices and employers (contributors) to check compliance with the provisions of the NSSF Act
- Conducting investigations of assigned activities.
- In charge of checking existence and usage of company assets and security controls in place to secure the Funds assets.
- Responsible for participating in the design of audit procedures and programs. Preparing audit planning memoranda for the supervisor’s approval.
- Reviewing all functions and activities to determine the nature of operations, procedures and related internal controls to achieve established objectives.
- Determining the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal controls in preventing and/or detecting errors and irregularities.
- Preparing and submitting draft audit reports and submit them for the supervisors review.
- Evaluating the operational and financial risk areas with regard to reliability, accuracy and integrity of management information systems plus related policies, plans and procedures.
- Performing related work as assigned by the Audit Manager Operations & Financials
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Audit Senior job opportunity should hold a Bachelors degree in a numerical field
- Full qualification in a relevant orofessional course like ACCA, CPA, CIA, etc.
- At least three (3) years experience of auditing in a sizeable/busy organization.
- Previous experience in the use of audit management software and CAATS are an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of accounting standards
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good investigative skills
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Computer literacy skills in MS Office and CAATs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send copies of their application letters, academic credentials and detailed CVs addressed to the Head of Human Resources & Administration, and delivered to the Registry on 13th Floor Workers House for registration and onward transmission.
Deadline: 15th July, 2016