ASSISTANT REGISTRAR - 4 positions
- Post Date:August 15, 2017
Uganda Management Institute (UMI) is a Management Development Institution with a mission to “Excel in Developing Practical and Sustainable Administration, Leadership and Management Capacity”. It provides management training, consultancy and research services in response to the demands of the public, private, and NGO sectors. In addition to short performance improvement management skills development courses, the Institute offers high quality career development management courses at Certificate, Diploma,
Postgraduate Diploma and Higher Degree Levels. The Institute’s activities are currently carried out at the main campus in Kampala and its Outreach Centers in Mbarara, Gulu and Mbale.
In order to carry out its functions efficiently and effectively, the Institute seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons in the positions of:
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR – 4 positions
- Salary Scale: UM4b
- Duty Station: Kampala
- Immediate Supervisor: Senior Assistant Registrar
Main purpose of the Job:
Coordinating admission of students and examination processing as well as taking part in the scion process, maintenance of participants’ data and monitoring attendance
Key Results Areas:
- Numbers of participants per course aligned with the available laboratory space and the desirable consultant/ participant ratio;
- Transparent participant profiling to the academic Board for admissions made;
- Participant’s records made accurate and available at all times;
- Graduation ceremonies conducted successfully; and
- Accurate records of Admissions or/and examinations created and maintained.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Social Sciences, Education, Business Administration or any other related field
- A postgraduate or Professional qualification such as
- Institute of chartered Secretaries association certificate (ICSA) etc. will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ working experience preferably in an educational institution of higher learning; and
- Computer literacy/proven computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Spreadsheets and Power point) is a must.
- Rewards and other Terms of Service
Successful candidates will on being confirmed in appointment, be offered five-year renewable contracts, a competitive basic salary complemented by housing allowance, medical allowance, transport allowance and an attractive gratuity scheme. Staff are also provided with support for continuous personal development.
Mode of Application:
Applications (hard copy) with comprehensive typed CVs, copies of appointment letters, certified copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be received by the address below not later than 3.00pm Friday, 15th September, 2017.
The Human Resource Manager Uganda Management Institute Plot 44 – 52Jinja Road P. O. Box 20131 KAMPALA Tel: 259722/265139/265140/26513