- Post Date:December 12, 2016
- Apply Before: March 2, 2017
The Registered Trustees of Kalangala Oil Palm Growers Trust (KOPGT),
P O Box 39, Kalangala, E-mail: email@example.com
Kalangala Oil Palm Growers Trust (KOPGT) supports oil palm development activities in Kalangala District through the smallholder growers, including plantation establishment, extension and marketing of the fruits to a private sector company; Oil Palm Uganda Limited (OPUL).
KOPGT works closely with the Ministry of Agriculture. Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)- Vegetable Oil Development Project phase two (V0DP2), Kalangala District Local Government. OPUL and the farmers.
To realize its mission. KOPGT maintains a lean Secretariat in Kalangala and now intends to strengthen the human resource capacity by recruiting personnel for two vacant positions as follows:
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: TWO (2).
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTANT
Main Purpose of the position:
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure proper documentation and finalization of all financial processes at the Secretariat with respect to payments, receipts and expenditure of operational funds.
MAIN OUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and record payment instructions for all KOPGT’s financial transactions.
- Post all payment receipts and invoices in the Books of Accounts and computerized programs of KOPGT
- Prepare payment vouchers and checks for authorization for payments.
- Support management initiate local purchase orders for the required supplies.
- Receive and receipt all revenue due to KOPGT as per laid down procedure.
- Post all revenue and payment receipts into the Books of Accounts and computerized programs of KOPGT.
- Issue receipts and/or acknowledgments for all revenue.
- Maintain both manual and electronic Books of Accounts
- Support the periodic update of income and expenditure schedules of the Trust.
- Prepare reconciliation statements.
- Prepare transaction data schedules for management review.
- Carry our any other duties assigned by the Accountant
Key Result Areas
■ Ensure proper recording of KOPGT financial transactions.
■ Ensure deductions of all statutory obligations.
■ Prepare periodic farmer’s financial statements.
■ Extract financial statements for sections and departments.
■ Ensure proper entries into both manual and electronic Books of Accounts.
■ Prepare schedules of KOPGT debtors and creditors.
■ Mature Ugandan not older than 30 years.
■ A minimum of a Degree in Accounting and Finance from a recognized institution.
■ Full or Part professional qualification in accounting is an added advantage.
■ Demonstrated working experience of not less than three (3) years in a similar position
■ Practical skills in use of computer (Microsoft) packages is desired.
■ Knowledge and hands-on experience with Tally accounting package is desired.
Duration of the Assignment for the Position:
Suitably qualified candidates will be offered a 2 years contract; with an initial probation period of 6 months. The contract will be renewable based on satisfactory performance.
The positions carry a competitive remuneration package for the right candidates.
Qualified candidates of Ugandan citizenship should hand deliver their CV. cover letter and copies of academic documents to:
The General Manager,
Kalangala Oil Palm Growers Trust (KOPGT)
Kalangala Town Council, P. 0. Box 39 Kalangala, Uganda.
CLOSING DATE: 12th OF JANUARY 2017.