Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Water Mission (WM) is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Our mission is to transform lives through sustainable safe water solutions.
Since 2007, WM has been operating in Uganda as Water Missions Uganda (WM U). The position of Accountant is key to the success of the new Trachoma Elimination Program under WMU with funding from the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust.
The person in this position must be a strong Christian and must feel a clear calling from God and a heartfelt passion for our mission.
Because our mission is global, urgent, and enormous, the person in this position must have the temperament and energy to be a leader in an entrepreneurial environment.
The person must have the ability and be willing to fulﬁll multiple responsibilities. He or she must not only be comfortable in, but be energized by highly ﬂuid, rapidly changing work environments.
Under the direction of the Finance Manager and/or the Country Director, the Accountant is responsible for performing finance and administrative tasks for the Trachoma Program following established WMU standards and procedures.
This position requires that the person resides near Jinja (or moves near Jinja), where the office is located.
This position requires abilities to plan, develop, organize, direct and coordinate a range of activities related to general ledger, accounts payable, cash management, payroll, and accounts receivable and produce the necessary regular ﬁnancial plans and reports on strict deadlines.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Membership to Professional qualiﬁcations like ACCA, CPA is an additional advantage
- Practical professional experience of at least three years.
- Mature in character and strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with people of diverse social and economic backgrounds
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft ofﬁce, internet and intranet and use of electronic accounting packages, especially QuickBooks and NetSuite.
Job application procedure
Please email your application, a detailed CV and at least 3 referees to
Deadline of this Job:
22nd July, 2016