Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualification Bachelor Degree
Mityana Uganda Charity (MUC) is an indigenous registered non-for-profit making Christian based organization affiliated to “The MityanaCharity”, a registered Charity in the United Kingdom responsible for supporting MUC development projects in Uganda. MUC currently operates in four districts in Uganda that include Mityana, Mubende, Kiboga and Kyankwanzi.
The program areas of focus of Mityana Uganda Charity over the years include; Human Rights, Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH), Agriculture, Education and Health.
With funding from IDF for the Human Rights Project, MUC is desirous of filling the following vacant positions:
Duty station: Mityana District, Uganda
Reporting Line: Country Coordinator
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Finance Function of the Organization and ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as required by the Government and Donors,
- Maintain up-to-date financial entries in a computerized accounting system.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, payroll and staff terminal benefits.
- Prepare accounts and audit reports for the project.
- Keenly monitor financial operations of subsidiary projects linked to the main project.
- The incumbent will manage and control projects expenditures, analyzing expenditure against budget and give explanation for variances, if any,
- Prepare quarterly and annual budgets, financial reports for submission to donors.
- Compute and ensure all relevant taxes and social benefits are paid to relevant institutions.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Ensure financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Verify completeness, existence and accuracy of all accounting information.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the management.
Required Key Skills Competencies:
- The ideal candidate should hold a University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any related discipline.
- At least three years’ experience in a reputable NGO is a pre-requisite.
- Previous experience in QuickBooks accounting system highlyrequired
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their
- Application Letter
- CV with at least 3 referees
- Academic papers addressed to
The Human resource and Admin Officer,
Mityana (U) Charity,
P.O.Box 289, Mityana Uganda.
All the application documents should be zip in one folder not exceeding 2MB.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than 15th July 2016.