Government Relations Manager
- Post Date:June 15, 2017
- Apply Before: June 22, 2017
Living Goods has proven a cost effective, high-impact community health care model that is changing how government thinks about delivery of frontline community services. Significantly reducing Under-5 mortality at less than $2 per capita, Living Goods aspires to revolutionize how governments across Africa deliver community health with a goal of not only saving the lives of children and serving millions of underserved, but providing a strong, economic driver to developing countries.
Living Goods seeks an experienced and passionate Government Relations Manager to join our team. This critical role will develop initial relationships with District Government, set up District entry meetings, follow up to answer questions and establish appropriate expectations. Ensure MOU is signed with DHO, DHE, MCH Focal person and CAO.
The ideal candidate has worked across senior levels of District Government, designed and developed MOUs. He or she is knowledgeable about healthcare, and passionate about driving innovation in government; understands the government budgeting processes and how to influence and advocate across a breadth of stakeholders.
For new Districts:
- Establish initial relationships with District Governments, set up District entry meetings, follow up to answer questions and establish appropriate expectations.
- Ensure MOU is signed with DHO, DHE, MCH Focal person and CAO.
For all Districts of operation:
- Manage ongoing the communication with Districts, including meetings and performance updates.
- Engage in health planning meetings at the District level and positively position Living Goods in their plans.
- Provide communication tracking for all Districts to ensure that we are attentive to and engaged with all relationships.
- Represent Living Goods at local government – District and Municipality – meetings, and maintain engaged relationships.
- Oversee the preparation of reports to the Districts and Health facilities. Ensure that quarterly District and health facility reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective communication of plans, meetings and issues that surface at District are effectively communicated at LG offices.
- Work with Branch staff to help support District relations, including setting up protocols and communication mechanisms, so they can both help with, and report back on relationships.
- Assist branch teams to establish relationships with health centers, set up protocols and processes to support and monitor health center relationships.
- Map out implementing partners at the District level to strengthen collaboration
- With partners and Districts, coordinate and ensure proper documentation of project interventions
- Project Management experience– ability to see the big picture, attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- 5-8 years of work experience with and/or involving close association with elected officials, staff and/or government agencies.
- University degree in Clinical or Public Health, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Management or related subjects. Post-graduate training in management a plus. Project Management certification desirable.
- Solid understanding of the functioning of Uganda’s Health System.
- Excellent written (report writing), oral, interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills and a keen sense of understanding for advocacy to get government support for the project and its sustainability in the future
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in engaging stakeholders spanning local/community, district and national.
- Strong skills in knowledge management and translation (implementation to policy).
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment.
- Self-driven; able to prioritize work according to importance/deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel across Uganda approximately 30% of the time and periodically stay up-country.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.