|IFAD is an International Financial Institution and a Specialized United Nations Agency whose mission is to enable poor rural people to overcome poverty. IFAD’s headquarters is in Rome, Italy, and its staff work with poor rural people and their governments, communities and organisations in more than 90 countries to develop and finance programmes and projects aimed at increasing agricultural productivity and incomes. The Programme Management Department (PMD) is responsible for the overall lending programme of the Fund, and is composed of five regional divisions (Asia and the Pacific; East and Southern Africa; Latin America and the Caribbean; Near East, North Africa and Europe Division), Environment and Climate Division and Technical Advisory Division.|
NATIONAL Finance Analyst (SMADF) at NO-B Level
IFAD Country Office in Kampala, Uganda
Fixed Term, initially for 2 years (renewable subject to availability of funding)
|Based in Kampala, Uganda and under the overall strategic, policy, management guidance and direct supervision of the IFAD Country Programme Manager (CPM) of Uganda Country Office, the Small and Medium Agribusiness Development Fund (SMADF) Finance Analyst ensures an effective supervision of the European Union (EU) financing for the (SMADF), including both the capital investment (Component 2) and the Business Development Services (BDS) support (Component 3), and the summary of main responsibilities is as follows:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Finance Business Partner
• Financial Management
• Country Office Support
• Managerial Functions
Qualifications, experience and language skills
• Education: Advanced university degree from an
accredited institution in accounting, finance, business administration or other job related field.
• Experience: At least two (2) years of professional experience in accounting, financial management, budget analysis or management analysis in private or public sector, preferably in development partners financed projects.
• Language requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and local language.
Sound knowledge of the principles and concepts of financial management including accounting, financial instruments, and industry practices and international
|recognized accounting principles.
• Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions and make conclusions and recommendations.
• Analytical and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience.
• Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft and other information technology systems and tools.
• Ability to empathize with client managers, supervisors and staff while maintaining the integrity of financial resources, implementing internal controls and ensuring consistent and accountable application of promulgated financial regulations and rules.
Note: This position is open to nationals of the country only. The assignment requires travel for activities related to these terms of reference. The selected candidate will be awarded fixed-term appointment funded against the Programme funding. The initial offer will be for a period of two years. The appointment is conditional to the availability of the resources mentioned above, and may be extended for further period of time. The appointment will expire after the funds are exhausted and carries no expectation of renewal, continuous employment or conversion to any other type of appointment with IFAD.
|The applicants are required to apply on-line via the web site
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for final assessment (i.e. interview and technical written exam)